The 29th day of July 2017 was an evenful day for our charity:
- The Mayor of Milton Keynes, Councillor David Hopkins, as well as Mr Ranjit Singh from your organisation, graced the occassion
- Around 90 guests, including children and special guests, – attended the event.
- We achieved our set objective and collaborated with 7 x designers, who contributed and supported our members, as well as promoted their individual designs at the Fashion Show.
DONATIONS/SUPPORT FROM THE COMMUNITY:
- Our Major Support – MK COmmunity Foundation and Community Action Group
- The Coop
- Hobby Craft
- Other donations from the public, family and friends
Ben TV crew filmed the event on the day.
OUTCOME OF WALK ‘D’ WALK FASHION SHOW 2017
DISPLAY OF APPARELS BY:
- Indian Goddess designs – Indian Couture
- Moyo Shirts – Afro/Western Couture
- Freestyle Africa – Afro/Western
- Afrique Online – African Couture
- Kelvia’s Wigs – Contemporary
- Glowing Designs – All about Hats
- Sima’s Chic Boutique – Designs created by Members of M & G Productions
- Harmony Hair & Beauty studio
- Sylvia’ Touch & MS B’s Beauty – Make-up Artists
- Miss Candice
- DJ Madphat, MK Chinese Fusion Group, Banjo Drummer.
- We had a congratulatory letter from Mayor David Hopkins.
- All the designers were happy to have collaborated with us and they want to continue working with our members – In terms of supporting them to improve their skills, mentor them and organise other event with them. According to Ivy from Freestyle Africa “We don’t have many fashion shows like this in MK, and it would be nice if we have it re-occur on a yearly basis, so other designers can be invited to participate with your group and promote your good work to others within MK community.”
In conclusion, the event was a success, our main objectives were achieved, our members empowered to improve their skills, and we connected to other charities ,even as we gradually make an impact within the Milton Keynes Community.